Following separation, many matters regarding who children live with, or spend time with, are agreed between carers, but sometimes this is not possible. Due to the welfare of the children being such an important and sensitive issue, discussions can be difficult and emotionally charged. It can be very helpful to have someone advise and support you in this process.


In most cases, mediation must be attempted before Court Proceedings can be issued. We are able to offer legal advice throughout mediation to ensure you reach a fair agreement, with our tailored ‘Help with Mediation’ scheme – please ask for details.

If mediation cannot successfully resolve matters, it may be necessary to issue proceedings.

Court Proceedings

The Court will make a decision in the best interests of the children and will consider their welfare its paramount consideration.

We only offer Fixed Fees for representation on children matters, so you know exactly how much it will cost. We also offer flexible payment arrangements – please ask for details.

Our solicitors represent you in Court, which means you receive a continuous service from someone who is very familiar with the details of your case.

We specialise in a wide variety of legal issues regarding children

  • Child Arrangements Orders (who the child should live with/spend time with)
  • Grandparents seeking contact
  • Parental Responsibility Orders
  • Specific Issue Orders (to resolve a specific disagreement such as school choice/religion/change of name)
  • Prohibited Steps Orders (to prevent a specific action such as removal of the child from the jurisdiction)
  • Special Guardianship Orders
  • Care Orders (where the Local Authority issue proceedings against a parent)