Many matters regarding who children live with, or spend time with, are agreed between carers, but sometimes this is not possible. Due to the welfare of the children being such an important and sensitive issue, discussions can be difficult and emotionally charged. It can be very helpful to have someone advise and support you in this process.
Our Family Solicitors have considerable experience in all children matters. Within our team, we have members of the Law Society Children Law Panel and the Law Society Advanced Family Law Panel. In addition, all family solicitors are members of Resolution, demonstrating our expertise and commitment to promoting a non-confrontational approach.
We specialise in a wide variety of legal issues regarding children
- Child Arrangements Orders (who the child should live with/spend time with)
- Grandparents seeking contact
- Parental Responsibility Orders
- Specific Issue Orders (to resolve a specific disagreement such as school choice/religion/change of name)
- Prohibited Steps Orders (to prevent a specific action such as removal of the child from the jurisdiction)
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Care Orders (where the Local Authority issue proceedings against a parent)
Our Fixed Fee Consultation would be the ideal first step, to allow you to consider your options and take comprehensive advice at an early stage, to know your rights and understand your options. We charge a reduced rate of £100 plus VAT.
Legal Aid may be available and we will make an assessment on your enquiry.