Following separation, many matters regarding who children live with, or spend time with, are agreed between carers, but sometimes this is not possible. Due to the welfare of the children being such an important and sensitive issue, discussions can be difficult and emotionally charged. It can be very helpful to have someone advise and support you in this process.

Court Proceedings

In most cases, mediation must be attempted before Court Proceedings can be issued. If mediation cannot successfully resolve matters, it may be necessary to issue proceedings.

The Court will make a decision in the best interests of the children and will consider their welfare its paramount consideration.

Our solicitors represent you in Court, which means you receive a continuous service from someone who is very familiar with the details of your case.

We specialise in a wide variety of legal issues regarding children

  • Child Arrangements Orders (who the child should live with/spend time with)
  • Grandparents seeking contact
  • Parental Responsibility Orders
  • Specific Issue Orders (to resolve a specific disagreement such as school choice/religion/change of name)
  • Prohibited Steps Orders (to prevent a specific action such as removal of the child from the jurisdiction)
  • Special Guardianship Orders
  • Care Orders (where the Local Authority issue proceedings against a parent)

Our Fixed Fee Consultation would be the ideal first step, to allow you to consider your options and take comprehensive advice at an early stage.

Contact us

For legal help and advice with your family issues, please call us on 020 8854 9131 and ask to speak to our Family Department.

You can also use the enquiry form on this page, where we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.